#Get Fit Don’t Sit
This is my new motto. James Davis put together a training program for me to accomplish my goals of getting an outstanding score on a military physical fitness test.
These goals were to:
1) Complete 92 sit ups in 2 minutes (without a break)
2) Complete 41 push-ups in 2 minutes (without stopping)
I started with being able to do 45 sit ups in two minutes and 27 pushups prior to training with James. During the physical readiness test (PRT), I was able to complete 101 sit ups in 1 minute.45 seconds and 50 pushups in 60 seconds. I crushed my goals and got an overall score of outstanding! This is all because of James. I trained for years on my own but without the consistency and motivation James provided, I would have been unable to accomplish them.
I highly recommend James Davis as a personal trainer to accomplish your fitness goal – whatever it is, he will help you reach it!
I have been working with James since March 2016 and I find him to be extremely professional, motivating, and knowledgable. James was able to help me correct an underlying muscle weakness that was causing significant hip pain. Without his expertise, this weakness would have likely gone unnoticed. Since working with James, I have noticed a drastic improvement in my mobility and muscle definition. He is always changing the workouts to make them challenging yet fun, and tailored to me. James is an asset to Southern Village and I strongly recommend him to anyone who is looking to improve their fitness and strength. This is the first time in my life that I have ever worked out with a trainer and he has exceeded my expectation. I genuinely look forward to workouts, and I’ve never been able to say that!
For the first time in my life am I regularly working out, and it’s entirely because of the personal training with James. 2-3 times a week I head over to the club with my workout buddy from the neighborhood and James pushes us through a challenging but fun workout. It’s become part of our routine and I actually look forward to our sessions! I know I wouldn’t be heading out in the cold/rain, etc. if I didn’t have the accountability of people waiting for me for our session…that accountability seems to be the only thing that motivates me!
My daughter has been doing the Kidfit program with James since he started it. She’s not a real active kid, typically, and wasn’t real interested in the beginning. But now that she’s seen personal progress and increased strength/fitness, she’s ready to go. She comes back from each session eager to tell me how many more push-ups or pull-ups she can do than in the past. James works well with the kids and makes sure that they focus on doing their personal best and not necessarily competing with each other.
James is awesome. He has helped me so much with my personal fitness goals. He doesn’t just focus on building muscle but also increasing strength and flexibility. I see him two times a week for an hour each time and I’m so glad I’ve built these healthy habits into my monthly schedule.
There is no substitute for living your right life and James is helping me do that. Not to mention he’s just a great guy who is super enthusiastic about everything he knows that can help people be fit for life. And it’s so convenient to visit him right in the Southern Village clubhouse!
Reasons why I started SoFit with JAMES DAVIS
– Pain in lower back (from running a marathon)
– Pain in wrist, shoulder and knee (from playing tennis)
– Needed safe and positive instrucction as a beginner with weight training
– Recommended by a friend who had a blast and saw amazing results
Reasons why I stayed at SoFit with JAMES DAVIS
– JAMES DAVIS is incredibly intelligent, knows how the human body works and how to work the human body safely and effectively
– Convenient (place and time)
– no pain
– able to do better in tennis
– increase muscle mass (especially important for women in 30s and above)
– documentation for personal bests
– custom fit plan
-Great price and multiple pricing options
Reasons why I renewed my plan and am now going 2-3x week
– James is able to work with my schedule
– I have had my personal bests! James kept track and documented them so it was no extra work for me.
– I have no more pain!
– I have been gaining muscle, losing inches and able to eat way more than I did before I was working out with James even though I was active.
– Energy level has improved
– My knowledge about fitness has improved significantly
Why is JAMES DAVIS the absolute best personal trainer I have ever met?
– Personality: He is always positive, a great listener and encourages me to improve!
– Knowledge: incredibly smart and able to communicate very well. He is formally educated in nuclear engineering science and physical training. He continues to improve his knowledge by self-learning and his personal library is quite impressive and diverse.
– Caring: cares about your goals, understanding about your life and schedule including changes to appointments
– Encouraging: challenges you without pushing you into an unsafe zone where you would be injured
It is our privilege to acknowledge and applaud James Davis. We moved to Southern Village March of 2016. I immediately needed to find a personal trainer for my husband Ron who suffered a serious stroke seven years ago. We have been so very pleasantly pleased with the amount of professional care that James has given to Ron’s disabilities. The physical improvement is very evident, balance, extension of right hand and arm,and most importantly, attention to his self esteem. James is a cheerleader for any and all ages bringing out the best in everyone he works with. James has made this move an exceptional experience for both my husband and myself. We’re very grateful to have such a positive force in our lives.
When I started working out with James, I was having hip pain and foot pain, I was out of shape and was feeling overwhelmed about where to start to get back into shape. I was looking for something convenient and effective. From our very first interaction, James was positive, motivating and helpful and that’s how he has been ever since! Through his guidance and exercise plan, my hip pain is much better, my foot pain was gone within a month, my muscles are much more toned and I am so much stronger. James is extremely knowledgeable and goes above and beyond to answer questions about fitness and exercise. I love that he keeps track of my work outs and progress, and he frequently reminds me of how much I have improved. I cannot say enough good things about James. I completely trust his judgment when it comes to my fitness. He also has a nutrition background which is very helpful. I have so much fun working out with him! I highly recommend him to anyone who is looking to get in shape. This is the best investment I’ve made in a long time!
I’ve been taking the Teen Fit classes for only a couple weeks now and already I feel stronger and more prepared for my upcoming soccer season. This program has really helped me to exercise more and do more for my endurance and core.
I wanted to let you know that William has really enjoyed the Teen Fit program with James. William has enjoyed every class and has come home with sore muscles, the sign of progress, often. It seems that James is able to push the kids to work hard in a very positive way. William can easily measure his progress by his decreasing times in running exercises and his increasing weights in other drills. I feel that Teen fit is a great way to improve overall fitness and think James is great.