Come join us at Southern Village Club for a full day camp of
healthy and fun activities, crafts, games and sports!
Read below for more information about Day Camp!
Price reduced to $275 per week for non-members.
Please note that Day Camp will be limited in capacity for Summer 2020. Southern Village Club has a comprehensive Covid-19 response in place for the safety of the campers and their families.
Covid-19 Response / SVC Day Camp
Southern Village Club has developed many Covid-19 precautions specifically for the Day and Tennis camps in conjunction with CDC guidelines and the Orange County Health Department. Some of our safety precautions include:
- Social distancing
- Small, consistent groups of campers who are registered for one-week sessions.
- Requirement of parents to screen children daily before camp. Parents will be required to certify that they have screened their children when they check-in each morning.
- Wearing of masks indoors is required. When the children are outdoors and active, we will not be requiring masks but will require that they maintain social distance. Masks cannot be worn in the pool.
- Screening of employees will take place daily prior to the start of shift.
- Check-in will be outdoors on the upstairs patio.
- Non-sharing of objects is a priority. Each child will be provided with their own sets of crayons and colored pencils for them to keep. If an item is shared inadvertently, it will be disinfected.
- Frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizer (applied by counselors)
- Outdoor activities will be prioritized. We have always been an outdoor-oriented, recreational camp, but this year we will focus on NOT being inside.
- Camp counselors have undergone Covid-19 specific training.
- Communication with parents to include all guidelines, etc. and encouragement of open lines of communication with parents is very important for us all to successfully navigate this summer.
- Appropriate signage is in place for reminders about social distancing, hand washing, etc.
- Increased sanitation of facilities is frequently performed, and no-touch trash cans and door handles have been installed.
- Belongings will be stored in the clubhouse, spaced apart.
Camp will be focused on outdoor activities, and the clubhouse will only be utilized for storage of belongings and in the event of necessity, rain or thunderstorm. We have plenty of room to socially distance the campers indoors.
We request that you review social distancing, hand hygiene, and proper respiratory etiquette (sneezing, coughing into elbow, handwashing afterwards) with your children PRIOR to their arrival at camp, and we will let you know if reminders are needed. We also require that you screen your child before each camp session according to the following guidelines, and if your child has any of the listed symptoms, please keep the child home and inform us immediately.
Covid-19 Symptom Checker:
Stay home and isolate if in the past 24 hours, you or anyone in your household has:
- Had a fever above 100.4° F
Or had any of these symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain
- New loss of taste or smell
Please note that in caring for children, who do not always fully understand the implications of Covid-19, even our most stringent practices and best intentions of providing the safest atmosphere possible are not going to be without some imperfections. We are committed to do our absolute best to keep everyone safe while enabling a great camp experience.
Below you will find a list of items that your child will need to bring to camp:
- Filled Water Bottle/Cup – please label.
- Swimsuit and towel – please label.
- Sunscreen (waterproof, sports, 30 plus is recommended) – please label. While we reapply frequently, for extra protection we recommend long sleeve UPF rash guards which can be found on Amazon.
- Lunch with additional snacks for fuel throughout the day (if campers have pool snack bar restrictions, please let me know).
- Swimsuit & towel
- Change of clothes
- Athletic shoes and tennis racquet on Tuesdays/Thursdays
- Any necessary medication with instructions/dosage
Please make sure that your children are dropped-off and picked-up in a timely manner. Camp drop-off starts at 8:30, and camp ends at 3:30pm unless you have chosen aftercare that ends at 5pm.
If your child is walking/riding to camp this week and has your permission to leave camp on their own, you must give your written consent. Also, if your child will be late or absent on any day, please let me know ahead of time.
“We moved to Southern Village right at the beginning of summer. Having our seven-year-old daughter in SV Summer Camp was such a great way to get to know the neighborhood and meet people. She in particular loved the excursions on local walking trails and parks, tennis and swimming, creative art projects and, most of all, the fabulous and encouraging camp counselors. As parents, we loved that it was so close to walk, the counselor and staff clearly care about safety, and that the small groups allowed for highly individualized attention. I highly recommend this wonderful neighborhood camp!”
The SVC Summer Day Camp has been a staple of our family’s summers since we moved to Southern Village in the Spring of 2015. After moving from Germany, we needed a way to entertain our energetic 8 year old for the summer. The SVC Summer Camp was the perfect solution. It was located within walking distance, offered my son a balance of outdoor exploration and play, indoor creative arts and fun games, and best of all, ending each day with a cooling off in the club’s beautiful pool all while meeting new friends. My son fell in love with being in the pool and with some lessons, he became a proficient swimmer that summer. A few years later, my daughter was able to start attending day camp.
The SVC Camp is a godsend. The best thing part of all is knowing that I have left my kids in the care of warm, loving, fun, energetic, and responsible people. The camp counselors take wonderful care of the children, not only entertaining and teaching them, keeping them close by and safe, but also making sure they reapply sunscreen, stay hydrated, and eat healthily.
All said, I thank the SVC Summer Camp for being there for my kids and encourage everyone to join in.
2020 Weekly Themes
Week 1: Wet and Wild / Sail the Seven Seas
- This week will be packed with wet and wacky activities. Water games will abound including a slip and slide and rubber ducky race, and a pirate themed day.
Week 2: Incredible Detectives
- Come help solve one of the Club’s greatest mysteries! No need for magnifying glasses, but bring your curiosity and enthusiasm. A mystery will unfold…new hints will emerge daily… and you will be challenged to solve the mystery.
Week 3: To the Extreme
- Special challenges, relay races, and an emphasis on sportsmanship, challenges, fitness, and fun. Every kind of challenge from board games to obstacle courses!
Week 4: Around the World in 80 Days
- Bring your sense of ADVENTURE! We will explore games, sports, foods and crafts from around the world.
Week 5: Urban Adventures
- Campers, welcome to summer! We will explore the neighborhood, playgrounds and trails, and play North Carolina themed games.
Week 6: Mad Science
- There will be fun experiments that are guaranteed to be a BLAST! Don’t miss your chance to become a young scientist. Emphasis on experiments, hypothesizing, brainstorming, and creating. New experiments every day including tie-dying and making ice cream!
Week 7: Animal Planet
- Get ready for a wild week! Learning more about the animal world will be exciting through animal themed activities and crafts including animal visits, spotting cool animals around the neighborhood, animal theatre and impressions.
Week 8: SVC’s Got Talent!
- Show and tell and storytelling will bring out a creative side. Campers will discover hidden talents this week and we will create skits, songs, and performances for a talent show!
Week 9: Party in the Village / Camper’s Choice
- Campers choose their favorite games and activities from the summer weeks and enjoy the last week of summer vacation!