Come join us at Southern Village Club for a full day camp of
healthy and fun activities, crafts, games and sports!
“We moved to Southern Village right at the beginning of summer. Having our seven-year-old daughter in SV Summer Camp was such a great way to get to know the neighborhood and meet people. She in particular loved the excursions on local walking trails and parks, tennis and swimming, creative art projects and, most of all, the fabulous and encouraging camp counselors. As parents, we loved that it was so close to walk, the counselor and staff clearly care about safety, and that the small groups allowed for highly individualized attention. I highly recommend this wonderful neighborhood camp!”
2018 Weekly Themes
Week 1: Urban Adventures
- Campers, welcome to summer! We will explore the neighborhood, playgrounds and trails, and play North Carolina themed games.
Week 2: Animal Planet
- Get ready for a wild week! Learning more about the animal world will be exciting through animal themed activities and crafts including animal visits, spotting cool animals around the neighborhood, animal theatre and impressions.
Week 3: To the Extreme
- Special challenges, relay races, and an emphasis on sportsmanship, challenges, fitness, and fun. Every kind of challenge from board games to obstacle courses!
Week 4: Around the World in 80 Days
- Bring your sense of ADVENTURE! We will explore games, sports, foods and crafts from around the world.
Week 5: Wet and Wild / Sail the Seven Seas
- This week will be packed with wet and wacky activities. Water games will abound including a slip and slide and rubber ducky race, and a pirate themed day.
Week 6: Incredible Detectives
- Come help solve one of the Club’s greatest mysteries! No need for magnifying glasses, but bring your curiosity and enthusiasm. A mystery will unfold…new hints will emerge daily… and you will be challenged to solve the mystery.
Week 7: Mad Science
- There will be fun experiments that are guaranteed to be a BLAST! Don’t miss your chance to become a young scientist. Emphasis on experiments, hypothesizing, brainstorming, and creating. New experiments every day including tie-dying and making ice cream!
Week 8: Everyday Heroes and Superheroes
- This will be a special week as we explore similarities between Superheroes and real life everyday Heroes, and introduce campers to some real life Heroes!
Week 9: SVC’s Got Talent!
- Show and tell and storytelling will bring out a creative side. Campers will discover hidden talents this week and we will create skits, songs, and performances for a talent show!
Week 10: Party in the Village / Camper’s Choice
- Campers choose their favorite games and activities from the summer weeks and enjoy the last week of summer vacation!